20 years experience in digital solutions for business, government, education, health
- consultancy & management digital technology & solutions
- bridges the gap between digital technology & your business needs
- international business experience
- experienced in (Agile) production processes in interdisciplinary teams
Who is behind xmediaworks?
xmediaworks is founded in 2004 by Joke Witteveen, an experienced consultant, manager and entrepreneur in digital media technology. Since 1994 she works in the ICT and digital media industry. She is specialized in serious games and digital media solutions for education, healthcare, corporate, government and non-profit organizations.
Fields of expertise:
- strategic advice,
- concept development,
- translation learning, business, production & implementation needs
- program & project management interdisciplinary teams
- serious games – digital learning solutions
Joke has worked in international business, ICT technology and the creative industry. She has developed a variety of skills in the areas of management, technology, creative processes and communication.
She is the initiator of the Dutch Game Association’s Serious Games special interest group (2010). In this group serious games companies join forces to develop (international) business models, joint promotion of the Dutch serious games industry and validating the effectiveness of serious games by working together with researchers at universities.
In addition, she offers master classes and workshops on how interactive media and serious games can be used in education, healthcare, business or social organizations in the Netherlands and abroad.
Some of my highlights
If you are interested in working with xmediaworks, please send a mail.
As an MA in media studies I was always interested in the effect of media on people. We are only at the beginning to understand how digital media influences our behavior. Or the other way around: How we can influence human behavior by using digital media. And I believe it’s not just algorithms that will do the trick.
Which brings me to my other field of interest. I love to play classical music. Never underestimate the influence of music on our brain. 😉
- Blend In Stand Out! serious game about inclusiveness @work viola
- xmediaworks @ Serious games seminar March 2012 Seoul viola
- Thinking outside the waterbox @ 5th World Water Forum viola
- ROC Amsterdam – visualisation construction education viola